Skip to main content

How to Make Christmas Ornaments With Cricut? [Full Guide]

 I shared my post on various Christmas design ideas a few weeks ago. But this time, I decided to be more creative and share how to make Christmas ornaments with Cricut. These Xmas crafts are going to be perfect for hanging into the tree or gifting them to the family members.

Since the holidays are here, I am all ready to get back into my crafter mode. Just like every year, I am going to begin this holiday season by making DIY Cricut Christmas ornaments out of a craft machine.

However, I am going to use the supplies that will help me to know how this Xmas craft will finally turn out at the end. In this tutorial, I am going to share the complete details that assist you in making Christmas ornaments with Cricut. Following this, I’ve also shared the tips & tricks that will help while designing these projects.

Step 1: Login to Cricut Design Space & Create a Design

Begin the how to make Christmas ornaments with Cricut process by following the steps below:

  1. First, I will log in to the Design Space at the Sign In page with my Cricut ID & password.
  1. Second, I am going to select the New Project option and then open the Shapes panel.
  1. Third, I am going to choose a circle shape and change its color to white for the project.
  1. After that, I will tap the Text icon, enter the text, and change its font, color, and size as per the requirement.
  1. Following this, I will tick the Weld option given at the bottom of the Layers panel.
  2. Now, I am going to offset the text by selecting the Offset option given at the top of the screen.
  1. Further, it will create an outline around the text and then tick the Slice button.
  2. Finally, I am going to tap the Make It option and proceed towards the next step.

Step 2: Insert Cutting Mat Into Craft Plotter

  1. In the second step of how to make Christmas ornaments with Cricut, I am going to unwrap my craft machine & cutting mat as well.
  2. After unwrapping both objects, I am going to load them onto the craft plotter and press the flashing button.
  1. Now, my cutting machine will begin to cut the material with the blades inserted in its clamp.
  2. After a few minutes, my craft machine will instruct me to unload the material from it.

Step 3: Decorate Ornament & Weed Out Design

  1. Now, I am going to unwrap my Christmas ornament blank and clean it with baby wipes or glass cleaner.
  2. Following this, I am going to put the blank on the bowl and fill it in with shimmery shredded tensile using the filler.
  1. After filling in the blank, I am going to close it from the top so that the shimmers don’t fall out.
  2. Now, I am going to get my design ready by covering it with a piece of transfer paper using the scraper tool.
  1. Next, I will gently lift the material or use the weeding tool to avoid any damage.
  2. Finally, my DIY Cricut Christmas ornament design is weeded out and all set to be placed on the ornament.

Step 4: Finally, Apply Design on the Ornament Blank

  1. Now, I am going to take my customized design and place it in the middle of the ornament blank.
  2. Following this, I am going to use the scraper tool for proper alignment and avoid any bubbles on the design.
  1. Afterward, I will remove the transfer paper and then stick the alphabet in the center without any stabilization.
  2. Next, I am going to pull away the respective transfer paper from the alphabet.
  3. Now, my DIY Xmas ornament is all ready to be placed on my Christmas tree.

What do you think? Wasn’t it easy as pie to come across with how to make Christmas ornaments with Cricut? Now, I can create as many using any material, shape, or color to match the decor.

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: Do I Need to Use Design Space While Making Cricut Christmas Ornaments?

Answer: In order to make the Xmas ornament by yourself at this festival, you need to have the Cricut app on your respective devices. Inside the app, you will get all kinds of tools that will help you turn your DIY dream into the real world. Other than that, Design Space also offers a Cricut Access plan that offers forever-growing fonts, images, and ready-to-make projects to improve your skills.

Question: What Kinds of Xmas Ornaments Can Cricut Machines Make?

Answer: If you wonder how to make Christmas ornaments with Cricut in different ways, there are various ornaments you can make with its excellent blades and tools:

  1. Wood Slice ornaments
  2. Glitter Christmas ornaments
  3. Newborn footprint decorative item
  4. Cool marble paint Christmas ornaments
  5. Gingerbread man Cricut ornaments
  6. Santa’s Magic Key
  7. 3D paper woodland ornaments
  8. Letter Christmas ornaments
  9. DIY Chalkboard Christmas Xmas tree item
  10. Let It Snow ornaments

Question: How Can I Start My Own Business by Selling My DIY Cricut Christmas Ornaments?

Answer: If you are a fresher and planning to start your business, then you need to make a proper strategy by considering some of the primary pointers. The pointers are as follows:

  1. Get complete knowledge about your Cricut machine, its tools, and Design Space.
  2. Interact with your customers and learn how they want you to create their ornaments.
  3. Complete your craft within a specific time frame without making any mistakes.

Visit: cricut.com/setup

Source: https://cricutdesignapp.wordpress.com/2023/12/23/how-to-make-christmas-ornaments-with-cricut-full-guide/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Use Cricut Explore Air 2? [A Comprehensive Guide]

 If you bought your Cricut Explore Air 2 machine and are wondering how to use it, this blog is all for you. You may want to know about Cricut's features and how it differs from its previous models. We have wrapped up a few easy projects for the newcomers. We will walk you through them. The use starts with unboxing the machine and ends with the troubleshooting steps. So, let's find out how to use Cricut Explore Air 2 . You don't need to worry even if you have an older model. What Is a Cricut Explore Air 2? Cricut is a popular brand of cutting machines and PC-controlled cutting machines. However, Cricut doesn't only make cutting machines; it further makes heat presses such as Cricut EasyPress 2 and heat presses for mugs like Cricut MugPress. How Is Cricut Explore Air Differ From Explore Air 2? Cricut Explore Air and Explore Air 2 have similar features and appearance. The difference is in their color and speed. The Cricut Explore Air 2 has a 2X fast mode ...

How Do I Download Cricut Design Space?

 When I was looking to set up my first Cricut machine, I had some questions about what devices I could use for the machine and how do I download Cricut Design Space on a device. Now, I have been using the crafting machine for a long time, and I know everything about the devices you can use with it and how to download the app on an operating system. Design Space is an app designed to operate Cricut machines. The app helps you create or choose a design that you can use to cut on the machine. This software has more than 100 thousand ready-made projects, images, and text fonts that you can use for free. It is available on multiple devices, such as computers and mobile devices. You can download the app on all of them by following this blog. How Do I Download Cricut Design Space on Mac? When you want to download the software, one of the first devices that comes to mind is a MacBook. It is an excellent device, and the app runs very smoothly. With this, you can keep using the...

How to Use Cricut Joy to Create Your First Project?

 Are you looking for an easy guide on how to use Cricut Joy ? You are in the right place. Cricut Joy is one of the smallest cutting machines, and it is great for beginners and anyone who wants to craft occasionally. Its lightweight, compact, and portable design makes it unique and a good choice for crafters. This machine can be used to make last-minute projects as it can be carried anywhere. Read this beginner guide to explore what you can do with this crafting machine. Follow this guide to the end to make the most of Cricut Joy’s features. Step 1: Unboxing Your Cricut Machine The very first step is to unbox your machine and assemble all the tools and supplies in one place. Let’s look at the list of materials under the box: Cricut Joy machine Welcome book Power adapter Fine-point pen StandardGrip mat Sample of smart vinyl 50 pre-made projects that you can use for your design Step 2: Turn on Your Machine Before you continue, discov...